Saturday, June 18, 2011

Meet Zoey!

We (I) have been wanting another dog for a while but I always had reservations:
*I always worried that Ando would like me less if he had another dog to play with
*It would add extra cost with vet costs and food etc.
*Less time to spend with Ando and the new dog due to school
As time passed and my worries got the best of me, we just kept living with Ando being an only child. Then a friend of facebook posted that she needed a new home for her miniature pinscher. I knew right away that this was our new dog! Mike and the roommates agreed, so Mike and I drove up to Idaho to pick her up from my friend's house and brought her home.
This is my sweet baby Zoey


She's so cute and little and she gets cold alot, so she burrows to keep warm. I have several beds for the dogs that have heating pads in them so they can stay warm, and I make sure to put blankets in them so Zoey can dig down in them and get cozy.


Zoey is 3 years old, just like Ando and they love playing together. Ando doesn't seem to love me any less but now has a buddy to play with. I love they they have each other and aren't lonely. Lately Zoey has been being bad and having LOTS of accidents in the house, so we are on a "retraining" period as if she were a puppy and relearning that she's to go potty outside. It's frustrating that she was so good in the first 3 months we had her and now its different, but I have faith that consistency and positive reinforcement will lead her back to being good all of the time. She is sweet and lovable so you can't really stay mad at her for long at all, but I try to be tough so she knows I'm the boss :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I soooo want another dog for Tank to play with and wear him out. But James is saying no. I might just show up with another dog one of these days and he won't be able to do anything about it. :)

MikeE said...

That dog looks like it probably has a pooping problem.

Gross!