Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Indian Givers

My Aunt T gave my brother a futon bed so very many years ago when he got rid of a bunk bed he was using. Since then he moved into an apartment with his girlfriend and they decided to use her bed but didn't have a couch so they used the futon as a couch. When they inherited furniture from a friend i offered to take the futon since i have an extra room and like the idea of having a bed for friends who need to stay the night. Well..... i make the mistake of mentioning this in front of the Aunt T and she decides she wants it back! After she already gave it away! At the time she said that she too needed a substitute for a couch until she could buy a furniture set for her front room. So i didn't have a choice but give in, she was basically saying it was hers and she was taking it back! Now she claims that she needs it for my Aunt A and her three daughters who are staying at her house. She sucks up to me just about every other day now trying to get the dang thing from me, but fortunately doesn't know where i live. Today she was having attitude about it so my mom says i need to cut my losses and set it in the front yard so she can come get it, then i don't have to see her Indian giver face! The kicker is, it rained today and is going to rain tomorrow.. do i just leave it outside? In the rain? I don't know if i can do it. But i most certainly don't want the confrontation either!
In addition to the futon issue, she had an old yellow hippie van and was going to give it to my brother so he would have a car. So around his sixteenth birthday she brings it over and gives it to him. He didn't end up getting his drivers license until he was seventeen or so, and in that year, she took the van back too! She was "borrowing it for a bit" but never gave it back and then sold it!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Brooke! Good to see you suckered in. Guess what I am currently watching, Grey's Anatomy Season 4. I am trying to get it all in before the Season Premier:) How's the office? I miss working there. And if I was you I would put the futon on the lawn but I don't know if I could actually do it either, guess it depend on which one of my aunts it was:)