Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Nursing School AHHHH!

I have been accepted to SLCC Nursing School as an alternate for the upcoming fall semester or spring 2010. After much stress and deliberation I have accepted the Spring 2010 position. A big thanks to Janine and Julie at work and all the talking me into it that they did today! I was ready to decline it until they gave me "the talk", oddly enough, the same talk I get from Amy and Carrie on a regular basis, well after much thought (and tears) I have finally decided to do it! I spent a good deal of my morning discussing this decision with the nurses I work with, the office manager, my boss, Carrie, Mike, my Mom, and EVERYTHING is falling into place, I feel like that's a good sign, and its meant to be. So as of January I will be officially on my way to becoming a real nurse! I may be stressed and grumpy the whole time but I'm doing it! I've waited so long for this and it's terrifying that its actually here. I've wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember and I cant picture myself doing anything else. That is what made my decision the easiest and feel I'd regret turning it down. So here we go!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yay! Why am I not on that list!? I told you that you better except it! :) I'm sorry I can't pick up more hours but it will all works itself out! I'm happy you are accepting and let me know how I can help because it's a tough road but well worth it!

Brooke said...

Skool is for fools. No, not really. I feel your pain.

Eric and Michelle said...

I'm excited for you! Congrats!