Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Kids for Me

This last Friday I went to Glitter toes at Jen's and got home around midnight and went straight to bed, I was so tired! I woke up at about 2am to Ando itching and freaking out, so i put him outside to go potty and he just starts barking. I got really mad because I didn't want to piss off my neighbors so I was trying to pull on his chain and it cut the hell out of my pinky. (We are trying to get our grass to grow in the backyard so Ando gets to go in the front yard tied to a chain, its awful, he's so yappy!) So i get super mad at Ando and make him stay downstairs with Mike and Parker (who were still up playing computer) so i could sleep. Mike came up to bed at about 4am and was really worried about Ando. His eyes were all swollen, the insides of his ears were red and he had bumps all over his body.
My vet told me that white schnauzers can have more allergies (which the breeder hadn't heard of) and told me that i could give him children's benedryl if he ever had a problem. So Mike and I run to Smith's at 4am, then come home and have no idea how much to give him, so i just got about 1/2 teaspoon (Thanks to the syringe i got for the bird it was easy) and gave it to him. Then i stayed up for another 45 mins to make sure he didn't stop breathing or something. He woke up itching again at 8am so i called my vet, they told me to double his dose of benedryl and call back if it didn't help. Sure enough at 1130am he was itching like crazy again so we had to take him in. They gave us some antihistamine/steroid pills and he is totally better. He has deadly farts and drinks and pees a lot from the meds, but otherwise is just fine. I was so worried and sleep deprived from all the worrying. I don't know how all of you with kids do it! One night and I was a wreck! I just don't think I'm cut out for all that! So I'll just say NO to kids!

1 comment:

Jaime Williams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.