Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom turned the big 50 yesterday and I wanted to make it special for her. My stepdad was out of town so it was up to me all on my own. Mom wanted something low-key so I talked her into dinner. Her new favorite place is Lucky Chen's. It is owned by the former cook at The Magic Wok, so I gave them a heads up that we would fill their small restaurant and they were nice enough to save us tables and let me do a few decorations.


My Auntie Theresa (my mom's twin) who we also celebrated for..



My mom, cousin Annie and Luke and Ava back there too.



My little Mac, he's so cute!


I hope they weren't offended that Mac touched their Bud ah, I'm not sure if that's bad luck or disrespectful.. oopps..


Me and Cody


I got this awesome Costco cake and Mike said that it needed 50 candles, so we put 50 candles on it and lit them. Then I had to walk it out to them across the restaurant, it was like a torch! I nearly caught my hair on fire!


This is how much smoke occurs with 50 candles!






Mike thought it would be fun to tie a balloon to my hair..

I didn't really think it was funny..




These are the funny/cute new shoes one of the girls in our old neighborhood made for my mom. I think they would tickle too much to wear them! It was so nice of her to make them for my mom though! :)

1 comment:

Annie Barker said...

That was so much fun getting together! Thanks for inviting us.:)Ava just can't stop talking about that cute baby Mckaius. :)

I just typed in my word verification and it was "pookee" haha.