Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shredded Black Bean Chicken

Courtesy of co-worker Nurse Stephanie

Ingredients:
*1-2 chicken breasts
*1 cup salsa
*1 can black beans, drained
*1 package taco seasoning
Combine all 5 ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours (I used my 4 qt crock pot)

Remove chicken and add to the sauce:
*1/2 cup sour cream
*1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Stir until sour cream is mixed and cheese is melted.
Shred chicken and mix back into the sauce.
Serve over rice, alone or as the filling to burritos.
Optional: top with chopped green and red peppers.

**I ate this over brown rice as Stephanie told me she did and it was delicious! There is an alternative where you cook 3-4 chicken breasts and serve them whole. Steph and I decided that we prefer shredded chicken so that's how we had it. This recipe was so yummy and Mike even had seconds (which hardly ever happens) so you know its that good!

1 comment:

Annie Barker said...

That sounds really yummy. I'll have to try that one. I'm all for easy dinners. Thanks.:) Fun to see you and your family last week!:) good luck with school.