Saturday, May 21, 2011

Im a slacker!

I realize that its been a while since I posted, I'm blaming it on school. Third semester is finally over! 18 tests, 10 clinicals and countless hours of studying, frustration and worry and I survived! The Kristi approved diet lasted less than a month, that's pretty pathetic but it was too time consuming and expensive (most of the things i was cooking were not things I had on hand and you only eat the same foods for one week creating tremendous waste because you can never buy only enough for one week.)
So now I'm just doing what I can to eat healthy, non-processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies and being active when I can.
Instead of taking the summer completely off from school, I've decided to sign up for an LPN class with some friends. It seems pretty easy and at the end of this short semester i will be able to register to take the state boards and become an LPN. I'm super excited. Some days I reflect that I'd only have one semester left until I can become an RN so why am I putting myself through extra work, but this hardly feels like the work and demand that a full semester of nursing school brings. The benefit for me to take this class is to take the LPN boards as practice for the RN boards. And it's only once a week and I can do all my clinical hours on the weekend so I can work to save money for my last semester of nursing school. Now I will proceed to (try to) update my blog of all that has happened over this busy third semester.

No comments: