Sunday, April 19, 2009

Macayo Vegas

Macayos is a Mexican restaurant that my mom and her siblings went to alot when they were young, it's also something that me and my cousins have grown up loving since it's been such a tradition with our parents. I think there are some in Arizona but the ones we go to are in Las Vegas (where my mom is from). They have way yummy thin, fresh tortilla chips and smooth red sauce, it's really lovely.
Apparently my mom and aunt (my mom's twin) were having cravings because they called me yesterday and said there were planning a "chip run". I thought it was a joke, but they were actually serious. Somehow i found myself in the car heading south this morning at 6:30am with them.
Yes, we drove to Las Vegas and back for chips and sauce.
Here are some pics:


This one is my mom and the TCT (toasted cheese tortilla) so yummy!


When we got back in my car it said it was 101*, but when we started driving around it was only about 87*, it felt SO nice to be so warm!


When we were re-fueling to head home there was this girl who was screaming at this guy about something nearly the entire time we were there. He made a swift getaway to the McDonald's across the street. She did continue to yell even though he walked away though. I thought it was pretty crazy, i tried to take a better pic of her but she was pretty scary so i tried to not make it obvious, this was the best i could get..


This is my Auntie Theresa sleeping :)


Pilot and Co-Pilot


This was all the sauce they filled for us. We even dropped 2 bags of chips and one container of sauce to my Uncle Thomi in Provo. Well if you drive for 6 hours each way you have to buy enough to make it worth it!


My Mom & Auntie dividing the goods


To add the the craziness of the day, we had a bathroom stop in Filmore on the way back and I ran into one of my patients in the bathroom of Chevron! Of all the crazy places to see people you know!
It was a fun day though. I'm extremely exhausted so i think I'm going to turn in for the night. I'm just hoping our next chip run will be anytime too soon!

No comments: