Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goodbye Max Hall, ye shall not be missed.

Yesterday was a hard day for myself and all fellow University of Utah fans. But I'll live, there's always next season. That was until today when i saw Gordon Monson's column in the Tribune with Max Hall's comments: "I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them I hate their program, I hate their fans, I have everything. It felt really good to send those guys home. They didn't deserve it. It was our turn, and our turn to win. We deserved it. We played as hard as we could tonight. And it felt really good, again, to send them home, to get them out of here, and so it is a game I will always remember. I think the whole university, their fans, and their organization is classless. They threw beer on my family and stuff last year, and they did a whole bunch of nasty things, and I don't respect them, and they deserve to lose."

Wow. Can the Honor Code control this guy? Has he ever heard of sportsmanship? I personally know that there is bad blood between the teams, that's why I don't go south of Salt Lake County when its football season. I don't agree that Utah fans had any right to be mean to a player's family or any BYU fan for that matter. I certainly don't agree with the BYU fan that assaulted Kyle Whittingham's wife either. How did this get so out of hand?! I have never heard any player talk so openly negative about any team. Most of the BYU fans i've known this year have been awful too! I have never seen digs on BYU like I have this year against Utah. Do you all have such hurt egos that we won last year that you have to put down all of our loses? I didn't see any foul comments from Ute fans when Florida killed BYU this year or about the loss from TCU, but the minute we lose to undefeated TCU its foul comments left and right from BYU fans. What was the BYU website talking about? HONOR?! Holy Lord! Do any of you know what that means?! I'm SOOO glad Hall will be gone next year or I may start to have a real BAD attitude about BYU. He can get the F*CK out with his bad ass attitude. People may not remember all of his turnovers from last year, or that he won the game winning touchdown in overtime this season but i'll surely remember his attitude and foul comments about the Utes. I root for Collie, Krueger and all the players from Utah schools who make it pro but I don't have any good vibes for Max Hall.
And to any of my "facebook friends" who agree with Max Hall, If you all have bad attitudes and hate all Utah fans, then clearly we can't be friends anymore because if you think so poorly about me as a Ute fan then I don't want anything to do with that kind of attitude!
Go Utes for having more class than Max Hall.

2 comments:

amy said...

well said Brooke! I am proud to be a Ute fan. I can't believe that BYU fans agree and like what Max Hall said. It just goes to show your true character. I am so glad to be cheering for my ute team, you guys are so great and classy!

Eric and Michelle said...

Max Hall did make some really dumb comments. It was inappropriate and out of line. I'd be upset if that happened to my family too, but it does go both ways....there are jerky BYU fans and Ute fans. It's ridiculous that there is so much hate between the two teams. Maybe this is one of the reasons I don't like these big rivalry games because we have such issues with good sportmanship. I guess all I want is world peace....ha ha. Seriously, it's just a game. Can we still be friends?:)