Monday, November 30, 2009

Why can't we be friends?!

I admit that I may have been a little mad when I wrote my last post. I apologize for some foul language and heat from my heart. What I won't take back is how i honestly feel. I am in no way saying that I'm not going to be friends with any BYU fan. Michelle, I most certainly want to be your friend still. I hate this rivalry because I feel that it clouds fans judgment. When people post things like a sign on a toilet bowl and state that this is the only bowl Utah belongs in, that is not in good fun. I don't take that well (especially after last season). I'm sorry, we still represent the Mountain West Conf. and us doing well is good is good for the whole conference. The same for BYU or TCU or any of us. When one of our teams does well we should all be cheering for our conference. My boss is a great example of that. He is the biggest BYU fan I know, yet I never get any negative comments from him whether Utah is doing well or not, he cheers for Mountain West teams. Why can't we all just get along!? I would like to continue the friendships I have with all my BYU friends, but I will not be friends with people who say they agree with Max Hall, to me that is saying I am classless and rude, which I am not. I'm just a football fan who chooses to wear red instead of blue. And my "GO UTES" signs never say anything bad about any other teams. Lets all have some good sportsmanship and have a clean fun rivalry for heavens sake!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brooke, look in the mirror you are the perfect example of a ute fan. You lie, you cheat, you back stab, you are an alcoholic, you are a whore. You just don’t get it. I dare you to ask your associates to tell you the truth, no one likes you. You are a manipulating, conniving, lying, evil bitch.

Sorry, the truth hurts.

Crystal S. said...

Yes, everything gets said in the heat of the moment. I will also say that I was really disappointed in the Ute fans when I went to the Utah game last year. They were terrible, telling my 5 & 4 year old to take their f@$%&!$ hats off, I.DON'T.THINK.SO! I'm sure it goes both ways, but to say that to a little kid...how old are we?

Do you recall the 2004 game? When Morgan Scalley said this ""I hate 'em...... I hate 'em with a f*&%$ passion. Ever since the day I was born."

I didn't know that the toilet bowl thing would hurt your feelings with it being AT my mother-in-laws and not YOUR house. I guess when Ute fans do things like that to my house, it's ok, and harass my boys ALL year long, that's okay too?

I know my mother-in-law can take a joke... and obviously some can't!

Wish we could still be friends, but from that post I can tell you don't want to be.

Take care!