Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New Glasses

I've had my current pair of glasses for roughly 8 years. I mostly wear them at night while reading or watching tv in bed or rare days when my eyes are irritated or dry(never more than a few hours). About a month ago I attempted to drive with these glasses and had a scary realization that prescription of my glasses was drastically different from my current contact prescription. I couldn't see more that half a car's length away from me. I was terrified. Thank goodness Mike and one of our friend's was in the car with me to help navigate us to our destination and back.
So After this discovery I decided that it was time for new glasses.I should have known they weren't helping me much, my prescription gets worse every year I go to the eye doctor. I am slowly going blind. So these glasses are at least 4 prescriptions old. My mom and I have been patients of Walmart vision center for several years, I know it sounds ghetto but Dr Baker is the most awesome eye doctor ever! We love him! So we go to Walmart vision center every two years to see him. Well Walmart being the monster it is advertised having super inexpensive glasses so I thought since my prescription is there anyway, I might as well buy from them.
Here's what I got.


Just Kidding!

Don't these glasses look like Olive from the movie "Little Miss Sunshine"? Seriously though, I probably tried on every pair of glasses TWICE before finally making a decision.
Here's what I got:


So now if you see me operating a motor vehicle in glasses, you can rest assured that I can actually see!

PS My boss says I look smart in glasses & my boyfriend thinks I look hot in glasses... SO what do I look like without them?
An Ugly retard!?

No comments: