Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I have to admit that this is not the most stimulating or interesting book I've ever encountered. Although I did get all the way through it, it took a lot determination and allowing myself to skim. I read it mostly because I wanted to see the movie when it comes out so I figured I'd read the book. It does contain good life lessons and some fun stories but as the back of the book says, it is a depressed woman's story to find herself. It's depressing at times, uplifting at others. It did end well, its a true story so I'm glad this woman found love and learned to be comfortable in her own skin.
I don't know if I can recommend this book to others. I tried peer pressuring my mom to try to read it (she'd already given up on it once) and she just couldn't do it. All I can say is that I hope the movie brings some life into the story.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Hey so apparently there's a movie based on this book coming out this summer. Julia Roberts is playing the lead...i wonder if it will be better than the book...?