Tuesday, March 10, 2009

74th Annual Meeting

This past Friday was Transwest Credit Union's 74th Annual Meeting which Mike was in charge of planning (the meeting is for members and the board of directors to vote and stuff). So I went as the supportive girlfriend and sat and looked pretty.. but it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. I sat with some of his work friends while he ran around and fixed loose ends, then we had dinner and listened to some people speak. Not too bad at all. This all created so much stress for Mike for the past week. We went to lunch the day of the event at The Training Table and some little girl was suddenly at our table yelling into a rolled piece of paper, and talking to us like we were friends. Mike would normally be so annoyed and tell her to go find her parents (who, by the way, were no where in sight), but it was a welcome distraction from all the stress he's had planning the meeting. Here is a pic of our new friend sitting at another table coloring by herself (no parents around to pull her pants up!). I was certain that she was going to come and steal our french fries but she left us alone after our food was ready.


After the meeting, to help Mike relax from all his hard work, I decided to try to make a drink out of my Cocktail Handbook called Planter's Punch, we had thought it would be similar to the rum punch he loved in Mexico. Well here are all the ingredients i bought for it. Turns out that it tastes AWFUL! I should've known, its more parts liquor than parts juice and all the juices are citric juices. It honestly gives the weird feeling that you're going to vomet, like when the saliva pools in the back of your mouth. The sucky part about it is that i bought all these items that i don't normally use. (3 types of rum, grenadine, grapefruit juice, etc.) I guess at least next time when we try a new drink, we'll already have some of the ingredients!


As I'm putting away the failed drink liquors I realize that we have so much alcohol. Visitors must think we are alcoholics! SERIOUSLY I don't drink that much. I am mostly a social drinker. Or after a really bad day! But really, not that much!
I guess having lots of different liquors will help me for more drink recipes in the future due to the large variety already in my kitchen right?! ;)

Oh, and yes, my bacardi gold is wearing a hat and scarf, it was a gift and i love it! So bacardi gets to keep his warm attire until he is gone.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cocktail time when I'm better.