Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sushi!

Mike and I have been getting more into sushi lately. I think this is more because I've been more willing to try new foods. We went to Tsunami and had such terrible service that we didn't want to go back, so we decided to try Asian Star, which is also close to our house. So it's Saturday night at about 630, we think we'll have this long wait. . We pull into the complementary valet, walk into the restaurant and are seated within 30 seconds. It was awesome! The seaweed was a bit tough and chewy, but it think that's par for seaweed? It was good though, we really like Asian Star and will go back! Here is a pic of my California roll and cucumber roll, I wanted a California roll with cucumber in it but Mike told me I couldn't special order so i just got one of each. Look how cute and teanie the cucumber roll is!

Then we got home and invited some friends over and i began drinking, pressured by our friend Justin to drink too quickly. I take a shot with everyone and feel incredibly sick so my sister tells me to just go throw up and I'll feel better, so i do. And i DO feel better. Then i blow my nose, and seaweed comes out! Crazy huh? I'm beyond thinking that this is gross because its so funny! I mean who ever has seaweed come out of their nose! I guess its the risk you run when combining sushi rolls and large quantities of alcohol!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

One, you are a lightweight. Who pukes after one shot? Two, you should try sushi rolls with shrimp or crab in them, it's not as chewy as the fish ones. And the tempura rolls are good too.