Thursday, March 5, 2009

This Post IS NOT for the Sqeamish

This is for those of you who were requesting an Ando blog...

I have had pets my whole life. Everyday growing up I had at least a cat. Usually a few cats and a dog. I love pets, they are the best company! Growing up with pets, you have to deal with the small accidents and general maintenance that comes with animals. I've always had to clean out the catbox or clean vomit from the cats, it doesn't really bother me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I’m a gagger. I gag at EVERYTHING, but I can handle poo and vomit clean-up and live to tell about it. For example, the other day Mike found a wet spot on the carpet, so i knelt down and smelled it. He was so grossed out! Well i have to know if its urine! If my dogs peeing on the floor then i have to do something about, now if he's just drank water too fast and threw some up, well that's an honest mistake. Mike has had maybe 2 dogs in his life, I think he only even remember one, a weiner dog that they had for a short period of time then it bit his brother and his parents got rid of it. We've had Ando for about 6-7 months now and they love each other, but I wouldn't quite call him a "pet person". In all honesty, I got Ando and have taken on most of the responsibility so he's really more my dog, so I don't expect Mike to have to do much with him. Ok now you know some background.. Here's the story..

I arrived home tonight at about 6:30pm to find Ando out in the back yard still and Mike no where in sight, so I let Ando in, hang up my coat and scarf and head downstairs to find Mike. He's sitting in the computer room, playing computer. He proceeds to tell me that Ando has "explosive diarrhea", when he got home and let him out of his kennel, Ando raced to the back door so Mike let him out and immediately "his anus exploded and diarrhea was flying out of it". Then he was done and they went down to the computer room to hang out. I guess all of the sudden the "explosive diarrhea" happened again. Mike was trying to find a spot in his computer game to pause and when he did, he looks down and Ando and the poo. And well, dogs will be dogs.. Ando was eating his own poo. Mike was HORRIFIED! So he runs him outside and tries to clean up what poo was left. That’s just before I get home. I cant even tell you how funny it was to hear Mike recap this sequence of events. He is so disgusted we couldn't even discuss dinner without him gagging! Even the other day I told him a story about one of my mom’s dogs who got around the gate into the laundry room to the “treasures” from the catbox, then had some diarrhea of his own all over! It ruined her rug! Mike thought it was hilarious! I guess it’s all funny until it’s you that has to clean up the mess!

4 comments:

Janine said...

Brooke! When will you ever learn? It's POOP not POO! And that is the sickest story ever! Poor Mike! He deserves a metal for sure.

Crystal S. said...

Brooke, you crack me up! That is one of the sickest stories, and maybe it's even sicker when you aren't feeling well (ha, ha). You'd think I wouldn't have clicked on this post since you did put "not for the sqeamish", but I thought it was going to be something about a broken bone...not your dog eating poop! Oh well! Thanks for the laugh!

Brooke said...

That's hilarious. I'm at work laughing to myself at my desk. Well that's something to look forward to since we went and picked up our puppy Tank yesterday!

Jen said...

Poor Mike.. The story is even better when you tell it. Gotta love puppies.Thanks for visiting the other night. I had a good time and I it was much needed.