Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Big 25

This past Thursday was my 25th Birthday. It really has been several days of celebration. It's what happens when there are several persons with whom you'd like to celebrate. Birthdays as an adult are fairly normal days, although once anyone knows it's your birthday they become super nice to you, so obviously it was a good day! Michelle at work made me a Better Than Sex Cake (that we ate for breakfast!), my Dad and Step Mom were in Hawaii so they sent me flowers, then my mom sent me flowers too, they haven't ever don't that before, send me flowers, but they both did this year.. does that mean 25 is hard and they were trying to soften the blow? Not quite sure.. but it was very nice of them anyway!


Mike had a Board Meeting that night at work so he had to stay pretty late, so we didn't really plan to do anything that night, I was a little disappointed but it gave me a good excuse to watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy. My mom said i couldn't sit at home alone on my birthday so i had dinner with her and my uncle and then my mom and I retired in front of the TV with a box of tissues. I just have to say that i cant believe what has happened. George and Izzy? Both dead? or in some sort of limbo? Oh it was so sad, and it has totally left you hanging on the edge of your seat. I can't believe they just left it that way. I have heard that those actors were leaving the show, but they can't both die! I guess I'll just have to wait until next season to know for sure!


Friday after work Amanda took me to lunch at our favorite place, Charlie's Steakery in the mall, then we went for pedicures. I love pedicures! Now we both have cute toes! Thanks Manda!


Then, that night it was off to do the real celebrating! Tepanyaki style! I drank way too much sake! I love it though! Mike was driving me so he couldn't drink too much, and my mom and brother don't like sake (although Cody did take one shot with me), so it was up to my step dad, Todd, and I to finish like champions! He is great, he never lets me drink alone. (I think I stopped counting after 4 or 5 shots, so i look rather "happy" in these pics..)
Todd and Me


Uncle Rob and Todd


Mom, me, Mike


Cody (Amiee was making a sad face because she was against being in the pic, so we just took one of Cody by himself, and little Mckaius slept through the whole dinner)


This is the hilarious shirt Brooke sent me. Thanks Brooke!


Then today Mike's parents took me to lunch, and I'm sure we'll get together with my dad when they get back into town. So it's really like a Birthweek, rather than a Birthday! Or at least that's how it is in my family!

2 comments:

MikeE said...

And why did you cut Aimee out of the picture?! So mean! ...

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Love your new shirt..