Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Sad Story

For the past several weeks Mike has been trying to fix our yard, the grass anyway. It's rather dead in half the yard. So he went and put harsh weed killer down, the dogs (we were dog sitting at the time) couldn't be in the back yard with it because it is very toxic so they had to go on a chain in the front yard to do their business (which Ando HATES!). When it was finally safe to use the back yard again we found some disturbing, a bird had gotten its leg caught between the slats of our fence, and tried unsuccessfully to free itself, and died! It was hanging upside down. I was so sad! Of all the times for it to get stuck, it's the week and a half when we aren't back there! We tried to get our friends drunk enough to take it down and throw it away.. No one was up to the challenge. I think it was starting to rot before our friend Justin was brave enough to go out there. We gloved him and Parker carried a bag to put it in. It was gross. I feel really sad about the whole thing. They said his little leg was raw to the bone with all his efforts to get free. I'm not super morbid or anything (well maybe a little) but here is a pic of our dead friend, may he rest in peace!



PS At least I'm not as crazy as Naomi's mother from The Bachelor, there was no funeral service or burial, simply a trash bag into the garbage can!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm not going to lie. This picture and story made me dry-heave. Gah.

MikeE said...

This is awesome! I can't believe you wrote about it! HAHA