Sunday, December 28, 2008

Goodbye to The Cone

When Ando got his "snip-snip" the vet said that he would have to not lick down there for 2 weeks, and he desperately was trying to lick himself so we had to buy a cone. So 2 weeks came and went but he still had a scab and i wasn't sure if that was ok or not. So i called the vet and the tech said to keep the cone on another week but i could also put some hydrogen peroxide on it to help it heal and dry it out, so twice a day i soaked a cotton ball with a 50% solution of hydrogen peroxide solution and applied it gently to the area in question. The tech said that she would make me an appointment for Dec 24 in case it wasn't healed by then so we could have Dr. Good look at it. Well Dr Good said that it was just a stitch and he probably would've been ok without the cone after post-op day 7. But he simply cut it off and that was it. I was so mad! I have been dealing with cone dog scratching loudly at the cone, scooping snow into while running, and running into everything (including my legs) for over a week when i really didn't need to! So i showed him what I'd been dealing with: bruises on my calves from this cone ramming my leg several times a day for the past couple weeks!

So needless to say, we are terribly happy to say goodbye to the cone. And for your entertainment purposes, here are pics of my beaten up legs!
My right leg definitely got the worst of with the 2 lines of bruising it but there are smaller bruises on the left as well


this is a closer pic of the right leg, they're almost healed so they aren't very dark anymore but definitely still visible and tender!

1 comment:

Jen said...

How sad for you. My mom was just telling me she bruised her toes from kicking her dogs bone. Glad the cone is gone for you.