Saturday, December 6, 2008

Surgery for Ando

Yesterday Ando got neutered, had 2 baby teeth pulled, and had a microchip placed. I was planning on neutering him since we got him because I didn't have any intention to breed him. Recently i was thinking of putting it off but his adult teeth were growing in and his baby teeth weren't coming out on their own, the vet warned me that this could be the case and suggested that we wait to neuter him until 5-6 months old and if they were a problem, we would just pull them while he was under anesthesia for the neutering. So we did it. Now I am completely regretting it! I feel like it was an unnecessary surgery (except for the teeth). He has to wear this ridiculous cone. He cant run for 2 weeks so i have to leash him all the time, which is particularly fun in the middle of the night when i try to get bundled up to keep warm and have Ando pull me through the dark in my poo-filled back yard! It's seriously a landmine. Don't worry, i bought a pooper scooper today so i can try to keep as few piles as possible out there. But it is seriously going to be a long 2 weeks! And at the end of that 2 weeks i am dog sitting another dog for 2 and a half weeks. As if Christmas season wasn't crazy enough on its own!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sad. Hope he is doing well.Love the Xmas cards! Dont you love those cones??